The International Audiotex Regulators
Network (IARN) was formed in 1995.
The Group meets
twice a year to discuss developments in the
international audiotex industry and to exchange
information about phone-paid services and also on issues of common concern.
Objectives of the group:
The main objective of the Group is to encourage
exchanges of information, to provide general knowledge
of the regulation of phone-paid services and the way
regulation is approached in the various countries.
- maintains an up-to-date list of contacts for each
- maintains regular contacts, in particular by means
of working groups and twice yearly meetings,
- mutually exchange information about regulatory
methods and legal and administrative arrangements,
- maintains practise of guidelines which have been
set up in the IARN handbook,
- co-operates at an operating level as a basis in
- remains accessible to all relevant International regulators, regardless of whether they are current
members or not,
- promotes awareness of the Group in the
international arena and exchange information with
international regulatory organisations relevant to the